Molded, cast, sanded, glued and painted shield Naturally, some important components of my airbrush broke as I was cleaning out the paint for this session, so I'm going to have to await replacement parts before my airbrush experiments continue. I'm going to want to paint the back half of this shield as well.
I am hungry again...
...how can you be smiling, singing...
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Fixed a discoloured spot! Perfuma's upper right thigh had a prominent orange-ish spot on it earlier today. Not so now! Last night I mixed up a colour close to that on her leggings (it's PMS 373; which meant mixing a 1c:2y mixture, with a lot of white). I realized that it was coming out too vibrantly because there was no gray in it, so I added black today until it matched. I finally got the opportunity to use the airbrush I've had for 8 years now and did well, for someone who had no idea what she was doing. My paint consistency was off somewhat — I clogged the nozzle a bit — but was still able to control the air/paint enough to get a fairly even finish. I applied Krylon UV gloss coat when I was done, darkening the green a little as a result. The finish was glossier than that of the other leg, so I roughened it up a bit with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. That did the trick. Although one leg is a bit darker than the other, it's not conspicuous, so I'm happy with it. Next, I'm likely to custom-make the last three shields I need.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
More formerly-headless toys
Friday, June 13, 2014
Victory! Last night, Spinnerella here had no head on her body. I was able to mold and cast a reinforced ball joint, insert it into the body cavity and re-attach her head. This morning, I made her crown.
Saturday, June 07, 2014
Yet more work done
Sunday, June 01, 2014
More progress And today I made a new headdress for Netossa.