Sunday, May 03, 2020

So, this is a thing

I think it's safe to say that SARS-CoV-2 is probably going to be sticking around for a while, so I took some time today to whip up a couple of face masks. I used Brittany Bailey's Best Fit Face Mask, blogged about here, as a comfortable fit was my main concern. I had some leftover cotton fabric from some project or another (seriously, I have no idea what I even used this for), my thin armature wire (the thick wire was too rigid), electrical tape, 2mm elastic cord, and Kara graciously provided the four wooden beads to function as toggles. Fortunately, I already have enough of a sewing kit that the cutting and assembly was relatively easy and quick. That said, it still took a few hours out of my day.

Kara has claimed the mask I'm wearing in the photo above, but I prefer the fit of the one that was left. I have no idea if I'll use this, as I'm concerned that I'll want to touch my face more with it on, but I figured it'd be a good idea to at least have them on-hand in case we want to wear them.

Sep 29, 2020 update: incidentally, I was able to recall that the fabric I used was bought when I sewed a cover for our music keyboard. My memory was further jogged when a trip to our local Len's Mill Store included me looking at and identifying it as 100% cotton muslin fabric.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home