Saturday, July 08, 2006

Stupid phone

I've lived with over half of the people who check this blog regularly, so it comes as no surprise to them that I'm not a morning person. I'm certainly not a 9am on a Saturday morning person. If I should happen to get a phone call at that time, and my answering machine should happen to temporarily be on the fritz, I'd have a natural tendency to sleep through it. If, however, my sister should happen to be in France, it might be hard for me to get back to sleep, wondering if I've missed a call from her, and hoping to be awake if she should call again. So, sleeping would be right out, at that point. So, to whoever called at 9am, it better have been good, 'cause I'm going to be completely wiped by 2pm today, and we didn't even get to talk.

Probably a f***ing telemarketer any way.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Sat Jul 08, 10:56:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who in his or her right mind would give anyone a ring or two or a lot more, which one doesn't want to hear at that 'most unholy' time of the morning?...'Stupid' is a lame term to describe it...The rule of thumb is anytime after 10 am on a weekend is acceptable but NEVER before that (except in your case when a phone call from your baby sister can happen while she is prancing around in France). I've had those phone calls too and most times I don't pick up...Have you ever thought of 'call display' feature in your phone for these kinds of calls? I have it and it's a good thing to have - I can screen my calls and only pick up the ones recognized by my system because all family/friends numbers are programmed there. Aside from your interrupted sleep, have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the Yonge Street Festival....

 
At Sat Jul 08, 12:20:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Heh. You'd have loved living here with our new roomie, Kamran.

His mom lives in Pakistan, and for some reason no matter how politely *I* tell her [or Kamran tells her] that it's 2AM in the morning and that maybe she'd want to call for him at a time when he's actually awake - and at a time when WE'RE actually awake she still continues to call at the most ungodly hours at least once a week.

That is until a few nights ago, when *Kevin* answered the phone at around 1:30am on a weeknight - heh, needless to say she hasn't called since. ;)

Hope you get to sleep in tomorrow. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home