Sunday, July 02, 2006

More than just refreshing

Hawkestone was brisk! Every year, I have to psyche myself up to get into the water and this year was no exception. Out of everyone who attended, I was the last to go in -- shame on me. Once in, it was cold enough that I started losing feeling in my feet after all of a minute! You know, when you're swimming somewhere and it's cold enough to begin losing sensation in your extremities, thoughts run through your head like, "Why is my body not freaking right out about this?" I was very surprised that my breath was literally not taken away when I surfaced, given how cold the water was.

As usual, there was a trip out to Brewery Bay afterwards. I got the Buffalo Chicken Fingers this time (yummy!) and the Fried Pickles (don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em). Rick and Shari joined us for a drink, then had to go back home to feed Jordana and Matt. I hadn't seen them since before the engagement and they've yet to see the ring. Now that summer's on, I'm going to have to make a point of visiting them soon.

I spent most of the rest of the evening at home, watching the meager fireworks display from our apartment and loving every second of the lightning storm's display. I hope everyone enjoyed their Canada Day.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Tue Jul 04, 10:34:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is keep an eye on those Brewery Bay folks!! Pretty sure they tried to kill me. :(

 
At Tue Jul 04, 11:48:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Yes, I got wind of your ensuing illness. I'm sorry it went so terribly for you three. I can't say I approved of the server either. For the record, Matt says he's never seen the service suck so utterly there.

 
At Tue Jul 04, 02:53:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Initially I thought the server was actually a flirt, then I realized he really just didn't know what he was doing. *laugh*

BTW, Leah, Matt's folks had to go "feed Jordana and Matt" - what am I missing here?

 
At Tue Jul 04, 03:32:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

LOL -- Jordana's dating a Matt too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home