Monday, July 03, 2006

Mmmmm...bread pudding

As fabled, here's a picture of the bread pudding I made yesterday. I made this one with non-dairy croissants (not easy to find), whey-free margarine, the soy milk I needed to use up, eggs, a little canola oil I didn't have storage space for any more (durn big oil bottles) and PC chocolate chips (also non-dairy). The top layer is especially yummy. I don't really bother getting desserts while I'm out any more, because of the likelihood that they contain dairy, so I try to make something like this often to keep me in sweets for the week.

In the musical interests category, I found and downloaded the Bust a Move (Japan)/Bust a Groove (North America) soundtrack MP3s. I've been looking for those for years, so it was good to finally find them. I also found an MP3 of the Alicia Keyes/Stevie Wonder Karmastition mix that's far better than Alicia Keye's original.

I've also been frequenting YouTube to fill in on my Daily Show quotient, as well as checking out clips of various bands playing live. This was all spurred by a post on BoingBoing about Stevie Wonder performing Superstition on Sesame Street in '76. I've been very much enjoying Radiohead's performances, and was surprised that Keane sounds just like their studio work when they're live -- normally, a band is either better live, or far worse. I've also discovered that I like N*E*R*D's She Wants to Move, but am not really feeling the others.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 04, 11:20:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bread pudding looks tasty but a bit dry for my tastes. Perhaps its moister than it looks.
She Wants to Move is off Fly or Die, right? I enjoyed more of the songs off In Search of..

 
At Tue Jul 04, 11:51:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

The bottom portion of the bread pudding is quite moist, but I really prefer the top, where the flaky (as opposed to custardy) croissant is.

She Wants to Move is, in fact, off Fly or Die. I'll be keeping an eye out for the In Search Of... tracks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home