Monday, July 10, 2006

Just another manic Monday

At work, everyone's projects are due this week, so the mood around the office is stressful. As is often the case when you throw Graphic Designers into the same studio, dealing with the same or similar projects, under the same or similar deadlines, a feeling of camaraderie develops. It's cool to be a part of; shame it's brought about by mild freak-outs.

I really don't see my affections towards that guy beside me growing any time soon, 'though.

It rained some more today. A lot. Since the skies were bluffing rain all yesterday, I refused to bring my umbrella to work today, only to find by the time I got to the subway station (5 minutes before the 10-minute walk ahead of me) that it was pouring out. I ended up having to duck into the local handbag store to buy a brand new umbrella. This brings the total number of umbrellas Matt and I have between us to 6. If anyone needs a free umbrella, let me know. I'm willing to part with at least one of them.

The dairy-free pizza casserole from yesterday was a resounding success, and I used up most of the remainder making pizza bread today. Yum!

Pizza casserole ingredients:
Classico Bruschetta topping
crumbled bacon
diced chicken
roasted garlic (a whole head!)
sauteed, diced yellow onion
wilted spinach
cooked zucchini
sliced mushrooms, lightly fried in olive oil
Sardo pitted black olives, rinsed and drained
"pickled" roasted red peppers (in wine vinegar), rinsed and drained
marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained

Pizza bread was first invented by Matt, and features pizza toppings on a bread crust (I use an Italian loaf), given the garlic-bread treatment, and doused with his patented, tell-no-strangers ingredient. It makes all the difference in the world.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Tue Jul 11, 10:26:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious as to what Matt's secret ingredient is... perhaps it is olive oil?

 
At Wed Jul 12, 09:14:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

I'll never tell! Matt probably would if you offered him a cookie, 'though. :)

 
At Wed Jul 12, 11:46:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord themiss, you are bored. Come join me in France. Tours is beautiful but it can get boring here too. Thank god for the friends I've made here. I'm torn ("I can't touch I'm torn." - Like the sign language guy.) I like the people here and it's cool to be here but I miss my friends (and family) and room and shower and various other things back home. Hey now I can talk about things "back home" too!

 
At Thu Jul 13, 01:57:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev should probably get an umbrella, at least he keeps saying he should, though if you ask him he'll probably say I won't go within 5 feet of him if he's holding one. ;)

So do you happen to have a nice bright pink one in your collection? :)

 
At Thu Jul 13, 08:48:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

I do, actually, but it's the one I just bought, so he can't have it. Would he like the pretty rainbow-coloured one instead? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home