Saturday, July 15, 2006

And then I had a meal here

Since yesterday was swelteringly hot, I opted to eat lunch near work. A co-worker recommended Wok 2 Wok for their soups and noodle dishes. The menu posted near the door indicated some very tasty choices; I was very much looking forward to trying their house special Sesame Chicken. Unfortunately, the meal choices at this establishment are less than stellar. Upon entering, I saw food sitting on buffet-style warming plates al a Manchu Wok, and was told that my selection was limited to what I saw. I chose a meatballs and sausage dish with fried rice. The rice was only tolerable due to the meatball sauce, the vegetables were overdone to the point of being soggy and the meatballs were dry. The sausage was decent, but there was little of it and I swear there was a hot dog chunk in amongst this dish.

Perhaps their soups and noodles are good, but I won't be giving them the chance.

Realized I've also eaten at the local Pizza Pizza

While I was wandering around downtown after my dismal lunch, slurping back a Timothy's Italian Soda (non-dairy!) and keeping an eye out for photo ops, I realized I'd also eaten at -- and forgotten to post about -- the Pizza Pizza lunch I had. Often, when you walk into a pizza place and ask for pizza without cheese, you have to clarify your request about 5 times, just so that the server can fully comprehend that you're in a pizza place, asking for a pizza with no cheese. At the local Pizza Pizza, this situation did not occur, and the "stuffed sandwich" with bacon and mushrooms that I ordered was brought to me (after a short wait), piping hot with fresh dough and the right ratios between all the toppings. Since it's as close to work as it is, I can see myself returning there often during the colder months.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home