Monday, April 28, 2008

Things to ponder, little to say

With an follow-up job interview with the publications studio of a media-telecom on Friday, a likely pending job offer from the place I'm currently freelancing with and the hope that my former manager at TELUS can find room in the budget to get me on the team in a more permanent role, my work situation has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm a little overwhelmed by the potential, after this many months without steady employment, that I've suddenly got 3 places showing an interest. I'm also wise enough to know not to "count my chickens". As always, my philosophy in this arena is see what happens, and make the best of whatever occurs.

In other news, Matt and I celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary two weekends ago. I find that nothing really makes a person evaluate a situation like realizing it's been a year since the situation began, but maybe that's just me. I wish I could say that our relationship is ideal, but it isn't. I'm not really decided on if it's tolerable in the long-term, even. Which is probably more information than is socially acceptable for me to share, but I rarely allow such things as social convention to decide whether or not I ought to be vocal. Any way, the three people who still read my blog already know all this.

So, yeah, I've got a fair amount of weighty issues to deal with at the moment, but haven't really been very decisive about any of it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Thu May 08, 11:30:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always reading but didn't know things were rocky. :(

I guess this isn't a venue for further discussion, but if M and I can help any, whether by just getting together for some couple stuff like bbq's or whatever, or sharing our experiences over the years and maybe what little wisdom we may have from our whopping extra 2 years on you two, drop me a note and we'll hook it up!

 
At Thu May 15, 10:20:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,

I know we barely know each other, but I am here if you want to talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home