Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back at TELUS

On Friday, I started another stint at TELUS, this one for four weeks to cover a paternity leave. Durn, I wish they'd just get the foreplay over with and hire me already. :)

I've decided that I'm going to try to bring a nutritious, carb-healthy lunch in on a daily basis, rather than relying on the food court at Scarborough Town Centre (which, not surprisingly, isn't especially lactose-intolerant-friendly). I'm ashamed to admit that their food court was my sole means of sustenance during my last gig at TELUS.

Off to a good start, on Friday I brought in a Thai beef green curry (with baby corn, carrots, snow peas, bamboo shoots and red peppers, plus a sushi rice/brown rice blend), celery sticks and raw cashews.

This week, I'm planning on bringing in breakfast sandwiches comprised of Serrano ham, avocado and the whole wheat-flaxseed meal banana bread that's currently cooling on our dining table. For lunches, I have my choice of making a black bean cassoulet or a mashed-cauliflower-topped shepherd's pie. The great thing about a three-day weekend is that I don't feel pressed for time, trying to fit all my cooking in!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 21, 05:22:00 pm GMT-5, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

Hey - looks awesome!
So I'm thinking that for our Monday night dinners - we should always just defer to your expertise :)

Crappy news though - I'm in Ottawa next week - so I'm out for Monday night again :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home