Thursday, October 04, 2007

Other things I've been up to

I've been fielding a lot of questions about what I've been doing with my time off, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to summarize here.

Since the wedding was earlier this year, I feel like I put off a lot of tasks and projects that I had been wanting to get to since mid-2006, so I'm addressing a bunch of these now.

Early last week, I gave the apartment a thorough cleaning, including mopping the tiled floors, something which I've been meaning to get to since January, at least.

Last Thursday was, of course, the Grand Cook (as it shall henceforth be referred to as).

Over the weekend, I revised and reprinted my own personalized recipe cards. I omitted several recipes that I can no longer eat, included several more which I've added to my "roster" over the years, and revised the existing recipes to substitute milk for soy milk and butter for margarine or oil.

This week, I've been handling bills, running errands and doing minor cooking duties.

Today, some of my former co-workers from Scholastic were kind enough to buy me lunch at Sushi & Bento. It was good to see them again, but it also highlighted just how out-of-place I felt while I was working at Scholastic — that the fact that I would see them regularly wasn't worth the stress I got from working there.

Tomorrow's plans include swimming (yay!) and accompanying Bruce during his home-search.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 05, 08:36:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

You should let Bruce know there's a house for sale two houses down from Austin's ;P

 
At Fri Oct 05, 09:20:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Ooh! The commune is *so* a go!

 
At Fri Oct 05, 11:15:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing, before I read the comments.

The house is currently listed at $418k, but it's been on the market for a few weeks now. It is a very similar layout to mine, but reversed, and I didn't pay anything near that price for mine, so you can probably bargain them down a big. The yard needs a bit of work, but putting down seed is easy. It looks a little bit nicer than mine on the inside.

MLS: N1212996

 

Post a Comment

<< Home