Monday, September 24, 2007

Thank God, almighty...
...free at last

I'm officially one of those people that others use as an example of couldn't-take-it-anymore methods for quitting. You now have the anecdote to share of the girl you know who quit her job by coming in to work on a Monday at her regular time, emptying her desk, leaving (propped on her keyboard) the letters of resignation and four-page letters of grievance for her two bosses, and putting a sticky note up on her monitor that read, "I QUIT."

The worst part is that the four-page letter of grievance (personalized for each boss) was just the stuff that I found professionally offensive.

The best part is that I didn't bother reprinting the letter I intended to provide them with on Friday, leaving the original date on the letter, merely crossing out and initialling the line in which I gave them up to another four weeks to find a replacement.

Now, on to the bigger fish I've yet to fry.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Mon Sept 24, 02:50:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

Wow!!
You've got cahones coming out your ears.

The only "too bad" part is, you'll never know how they reacted.

Enjoy the freedom - I sit ('cause I'm at work) in awe.

 
At Mon Sept 24, 04:57:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Naw, I'll totally find out about it. Terri still works there. :)

 
At Tue Sept 25, 01:28:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. How could you stand working there so long?

 
At Tue Sept 25, 02:34:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Some days, we all wish we were that brave!

You've become the stuff of legends in my little world already.

Good for you!

 
At Wed Oct 03, 09:31:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wootness!! That's the spirit, Leah! And now, off to bigger and better things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home