Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yay! I got to leave at 4:30 today!

The "hell or high water" project still wasn't approved by 1:30 pm today, and I'd been busting my ass working on it for two days solid, so I thought I'd treat myself to a sushi lunch.

I decided to try Sushi & Bento, across the street from work, and as sad as I am to report it, I prefer the food there to the Toshi Sushi just east of it. The good news is, of course, that there is a good sushi place near work! I got the beef gyoza appetizer (very tasty); Lunch Combo #6, california roll and soft-shell crab roll (the sauce on the crab roll was a bit overpowering, but it was otherwise a very nice combination of flavours); and two pieces of White Tuna sushi (big enough to smother the rice it was topping and very fresh). The meal came with a free appetizer salad (with a little too much dressing) and a small miso soup.

My project wasn't fully approved until 4pm today, but I managed to get everything collected and ready to go within the following half-hour, which means I spent only a full work-day at work today. I was veritably bursting with fruit flavour at the prospect of actually getting a chance to unwind when I got home.

I spent most of it wallowing in a vegetative-state, thank God.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Wed Jul 19, 10:56:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. You so much deserve a delicious lunch since you've been working like a 'donkey.'

I forgot to mention to you that I had some sushi combo at Furama in Fairview Mall and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot. Noticed too that there's a 'Bento Box' joint around here in my hood but I haven't had the chance to check it out. It may not be so good.

For some reasons, when I have a craving for Cantonese style noodles, my footsies always seem to take me to Yueh Tung. I usually walk both ways so it's also a good workout for me.

I still would like to go Q Dim Sum Palace and if the weather is ideal for that this Saturday, I might check it out with a couple of family members who are also into dim sum.

Ciao and enjoy a good R & R.

 
At Thu Jul 20, 08:52:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

You mean we have family members who are into dim sum? ;)

 
At Thu Jul 20, 12:27:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! it's been approved and you managed to get there without killing anyone. Congrats. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home