Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More stomach troubles

I ended up leaving work early yesterday because I was feeling "off". I couldn't really be more descriptive about it, but I knew that it was taking an effort to concentrate, that I'd occassionally get twingy pains in my midsection, that my head felt "cloudy" and that I could almost feel a migraine coming on. As I'm the lucky type of person who is sensitive to weather changes, as well as having a finicky digestive system, I couldn't pinpoint what was bothering me. I'm not going to deny that whatever it was that was upsetting me made me unusually irritable with Matt, especially since our place was in need of a thorough cleaning.

Realizing that I'd probably wake up ridiculously early, I packed it in around 9:00 last night any way, only to discover that I was still groggy and "not quite right" after a 10-hour sleep. After coming in to work, I started experiencing stomach pains. I'd be surprised if I have much left in my digestive tract now, and hope to go home early again today.

It's almost enough to make a girl want to give up eating entirely. I hear they can give you enough nutrients intravenously these days, but I hate needles, so that's probably not an option for me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Tue Jul 25, 12:59:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

I've been feeling off since Friday. Same sort of symptoms. Stomach not quite right, head cloudy and trouble concentrating. I'd chalked it up to allergies in combination with weather changes.

 
At Tue Jul 25, 01:37:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Michelle's Home Based Remedy:

If you wind up leaving work early, go home, have a cup of tea and take a nap.

Then if the thunderstorms hit this afternoon, grab Matt and go for a walk in the rain. Follow that up with a nice hot shower, a bite to eat and then hit the sack.

Feel better. *hugs*

 
At Tue Jul 25, 04:12:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, that sucks. Being effected by the weather is the worst thing. it makes you feel like you're super-tuned into your body, which always makes your symptoms worse. whenever I get those same symptoms I end up taking one teaspoon of apple cider vinigar in water (my mom's doctor suggested it when she was going through cemo)keep it up every morning (even though it tastes gross) and you may notice a real difference in how your stomach feels. feel better, dammit.

 
At Tue Jul 25, 09:03:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stomach pains are like toothaches -they can make everything around you turn upside down.

I didn't know that you are sensitive to certain atmospheric conditions - that's really no fun at all. I guess the one thing to do is to give in and rest especially if you had migraine attacks. Are your migraines the kind that you have to be in bed and no light whatsoever around you?

Feeling "under the weather" is no picnic but maybe the thought of Caty's homecoming on Sunday will get you out of this terrible state.

Are you sure you are not coming down with some kind of stomach flu?
Hope not, though.

Do feel better soon, kiddo.

 
At Wed Jul 26, 10:11:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Thanks for all the helpful advice! My stomach problem seems to have blown over (very symptomatic of a virus, hm).

Em: my supervisor was complaining of similar symptoms, so I'd recommend playing it safe, digestive-system-wise, just in case it is a virus.

Michelle: I ended up relaxing on the couch for most of the day, eating non-dairy, hypo-allergenic food, but your remedy sounds much nicer. :)

Stacy: Since apples are another(!) of my allergies, I don't see your remedy working out so well for me, but a bottle of Perrier seems to have a similar effect. I also usually end up "eating" a teaspoon of bran at night to help too.

FA: My migraines don't tend to be very intense, but I have them so rarely that I don't really know how to cope with them. Usually, I just call it an early night and hope I don't have the migraine when I wake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home