Thursday, February 18, 2010

Homemade whole wheat and flaxseed meal bread!



Today, I thought I'd start experimenting with variations on the white bread recipe I worked on a few weeks ago. To that end, I made two loaves of whole wheat bread by halving the amount of unbleached white bread flour in the recipe, and replacing it with whole wheat bread flour. I also added about 5 tablespoons of the flax seed meal I've had in my fridge for some time now (which is great for adding fibre and omega-3 to muffins and brownies, amongst other baked goods).

I have to admit that fresh white bread has a much more satisfying texture, but this is a much more fibre-rich, lower GI alternative that is still far superior to commercially-available loaves. Overall, I'm really pleased with the result!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home