Monday, February 15, 2010

Beef stew



I appear to have posted previously about a beef stew (and ungraciously ignored a comment from Michelle — sorry, Michelle! There's a response there now).

Beef stew is one of those dishes that tastes fantastic, but tends to look just horrible in pictures, which is probably why I didn't post any photos last time. I can't say this is the most photogenic food picture I've ever taken, but I think it's not a bad photo, and I'm trying to include pictures of all the foods I blog about lately.

Yesterday's trip to the grocery store yielded about 3 lbs. of beef in roast form, at 30% off, so I thought I'd make a helluva lot of beef stew. The ingredients this time were slightly different since the last posted recipe, so I've included a list below:
  • approx. 3 lbs. of beef
  • filtered water
  • dehydrated, minced onion
    (I didn't have any fresh onions around!)
  • granulated, roasted garlic seasoning
  • approx. 2-1/2 lbs. of roughly-chopped yellow potatoes
  • frozen baby carrots
  • frozen peas
  • truffle salt
  • fresh cracked black pepper
So it was a good stew yesterday, and I'm very much looking forward to having some for dinner tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home