Monday, November 27, 2006

Phew!

Matt and I dropped by Stacy and Dan's new condo on Friday night, after work, to offer up our opinions on the colour schemes they were considering. It's a fairly spacious unit in one of the Menkes properties just south of Sheppard, on Yonge. It was funny, seeing the same fixtures and trim used in their new place as the place Emma and I were in on Byng. It's also got a useful layout, which is increasingly rare in Toronto condos. Afterwards, we got treated to a lovely sushi dinner on the same street that my favourite, Korean-owned, Japanese grocery store is on.

I got up relatively early on Saturday and got some work done on a Christmas project for one of the people I'm giving to, then had a four(!) hour nap before it was time to pick up Caty for our visit out to John and Terri's. They've done a lot of work on their place since we were there last— it looks great. John, of course, will probably be completing renos in that house 'til his kids put him in a home. Later in the evening, the Arney/Genge clan joined us. It's always a pleasure to see them. The trip out was lengthy enough that Terri offered to put everyone up for the night, but our carload had every intention of sleeping in our own beds that night. It's just as well — Caty's cat allergies were acting up by the time we left, and I doubt I would have lasted much longer, myself.

Yesterday I burned through all the chores I've been neglecting for the past week-and-a-half: laundry, vaccuuming, grocery-shopping, errand-running and cleaning the guest washroom. The only thing that kept me motivated was the knowledge that I'm not going to have to worry about chores for another week-and-a-half, which is good because Matt and I are celebrating six years of being a couple this Tuesday, and then his friend Laura is going to be staying with us on Thursday night. I'm also hoping to finish printing and trimming the Comp-Sci-friends calendar this week, which will give me a week to have them bound.

The turkey and trimmings aren't going to concern me 'til next week, then I've got 'til Christmas to finish the aforementioned project.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 27, 12:44:00 pm GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem, who told me not to get too worried about gifts for the comp-sci group?

How many people in the Comp-sci group are actually computer scientists anyway? It's like 4? hehe but we're always the centre of attention. :P

 
At Tue Nov 28, 09:51:00 am GMT-5, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

I call you guys my U of T Comp. Sci friends - and I only took 1 course in Comp.Sci. in first year, and didn't even meet any of you in it.

It's just easiest to label you guys, I guess. ;P

 
At Tue Nov 28, 11:06:00 am GMT-5, Blogger ghanima said...

Yes, much easier than saying, "That group of friends that I didn't originally have any right to, but ended up being amazingly close to."

And I wouldn't be fretting about the calendar, but I seem to remember mentioning discontinuing the series, only to be met with cries of disdain. So blame yourselves for my current misery! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home