Monday, October 23, 2006

Ketchup.

Friday
After spending most of Friday ecstatic that I had no plans for the weekend, I settled down in the late evening to double-bill As Good As It Gets and Being John Malkovich. For those not in the know, this is a result of my bid to re-watch every single DVD I own — originally devised this summer to prevent me from rushing out and buying all the DVDs I've been pining after since realizing that working for Trevor meant I had no disposible income. I'm more than half-done the movies, but still have the anime and TV series to get through.

Jordana had informed us that she'd be staying over on Friday and Saturday nights, but that she'd be in late. On Friday, she arrived just after I'd finished watching the movies and having my shower, so we stayed up chatting with her for a bit, then called it a night.

Saturday
On Saturday, I asked Matt if we could go to IKEA so that I could pick up this storage unit for my hobby supplies (okay, not all of my hobby supplies, but the paint-related supplies all fit in there). Just as we were about to step out the door, Tim and Laurie called to remind us that we agreed to go to a Marlies game with them, which meant we'd all meet up at 3pm at the Ricoh Centre. Consequently, our trip to IKEA was a mite frenzied, but we managed to pick up the storage unit, plus an extra bookshelf for the bedroom (Matt won't stop reading, durn him).

We met up with Tim, Laurie, the kids, and Geoff on time and met up with Scott(!) within a half-hour. It was strange having Scott around again — the last time I saw him, he was selling the lot of us out to our employer, and while nobody at the game was treating him in an unfriendly manner, I have to say that I wasn't going out of my way to "make nice", either. Just the same, the fact that Tim trusts him enough to have him around makes me believe he's seeing some redeeming qualities in Scott.

I know nothing about how the game itself went, as Laurie and I were equally disinterested in it and quite willing to chatter away like magpies. :)

Sunday
Matt, Jordana and I were up pretty late on Saturday, being social monkeys, so it's no surprise that I was up the earliest, at around 10:30 on Sunday. Jordana got up latest, at around noon, and she and I got to gab for a bit before "breakfast" at 3pm. We ended up going to The Friendly House on the southwest corner of Yonge and Cummer for their 24-hour breakfasts and were all very pleased with the quality of the food.

Jordana left soon after to meet up with a friend in town, so I assembled the newly-purchased cabinet and vacuumed most of the apartment. By then, it was already past my workday-tomorrow bedtime, so in true Leah fashion, I stayed up later still, watching back-to-back episodes of Farscape with Matt.

I'm seriously starting to look forward to my relatively quiet weeknights. Ah well, at least I have no plans for this Sunday — yet.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 24, 08:51:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

It's a good thing you have no plans on Sunday, 'cause you'll need the time to recover from the kickin' party on Saturday ;)

 
At Tue Oct 24, 05:06:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You clearly need to get into the untapped resource of friends' video collections. Or their disposable income, whichever works for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home