Thursday, October 12, 2006

See Leah swim.

I was able to leave work early yesterday, so I ended up taking my planned swim a little earlier than intended, at 4pm, rather than 5-ish. I don't remember much about the timed swims I used to have to do when I was in Bronze Medallion/Bronze Cross, but I know you were expected to do something like 22 laps in the Olympic-sized pool in 20 minutes. This was always a challenge for me. I'd say the pool at Extreme is about the same length, so I was incredibly surprised to find that I completed 32 laps in 20 minutes!

The pool itself got "crowded" around 4:15 (while long, it's fairly narrow), but had cleared out completely by the time I finished swimming. I suppose the other swimmers were using it for a post-workout cooldown, rather than a workout in and of itself.

As expected, the saltwater was pleasantly different from an entirely chlorinated pool. I was pleased to have my skin emerge in better condition after swimming, instead of dry and irritated as it would have been were it a chlorine pool.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 13, 07:47:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it would do wonders for your complextion too. Pimples be gone! Yeah for Leah getting to swim, despite the snow. :D

 
At Fri Oct 13, 10:57:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

Sounds like it was really fun!

Swimming, like dancing never feels like exercise to me - just fun through and through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home