Sunday, October 08, 2006

Taking the plunge

So. I've been very interested in joining Extreme Fitness (yeah, the name is laughable) at Yonge and Sheppard since I first toured their facilities over a year ago, but the cost was prohibitively high for someone with an unsteady job situation. Such is the plight of the freelancer: when you have the money, you rarely have the time, and when you have the time you rarely have the money.

Spending the past two winters without access to an indoor pool drove me more than a little batty, however; I literally had recurring dreams about going swimming. This year's swimming season was so pathetic that they've already begun anew. I refuse to go another winter without having access to a pool, and the one at Extreme is hands-down the loveliest pool I've ever seen. The reason it's so high up on my list of pools is that it's primarily a saltwater pool, with a little chlorine thrown in just to be sure that bacteria doesn't survive.

It's said that swimmers fall into two categories: pool-swimmers, and lake swimmers. I definitely fall into the latter category, so having access to an indoor pool which is as much unlike a pool as possible is a big deal for me.

I hope to get my first swim in this week.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Sun Oct 08, 01:20:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone else seeing double?
I noticed this with you last post but thought it just might be a double post that happens sometimes on forums. But with this entru also showing up twice I'm kinda wondering...

ghanima, can you not delete the second one? Or do you not even see it?

 
At Sun Oct 08, 03:02:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Weird. I don't know what's causing that to happen, but I did have to delete the second entry. I didn't even notice it happening with my last post, but it is coming up as two separate entries too. I'm going to keep the second one since Mir responded to it.

Looks like I'll have to pay closer attention next time I post, to avoid this scenario again.

 
At Mon Oct 09, 08:51:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was swam in a salt water pool, it was quite surprising as I didn't expect it. Once in though, I quite enjoyed it. Good luck with that. I find the secret is to go staight from work to the gym with out stopping at home fisrt. Otherwise I don't go out again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home