Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Flourless chocolate cakes



My multiple food sensitivities result in me feeling like something of a hypocrite if I don't try to accommodate other people's dietary needs when they visit. As a result, my food-sensitive friends tend to find that I've whipped up a dessert for their sakes when they pop in. Case in point: today's gluten-intolerant guest will find that I have given Martha Stewart's Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe a second go.

This time, I baked the cakes (soufflés, really) in ramekins and added about ¼ teaspoon of salt to the egg whites before whipping them. I would have liked for the chocolate flavour to be more prominent, so I'm going to have to remember to add espresso to the chocolate the next time I bake these. I'm otherwise very happy to be able to serve them and hope our guest will be as pleased with them as I am.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home