Monday, December 04, 2006

I feel dirty

It turns out that Wendy's Crispy Chicken Sandwich, $1.99 on their Value Menu, is nothing like their Homestyle Chicken Filet. Yes, both are breaded, fried chicken patties, served on a bun with lettuce and sauce. Previously unbeknownst to me, however, is the fact that the Homestyle uses discernable chicken meat, whereas the Crispy uses the hacked, processed, filler-ified meat previously known to exist only in the cheapest of cheap chicken fingers. This is the chicken equivalent of McDonald's" Fillet-o-Fish®.

I saved myself 60 calories by opting for the inferior sandwich, but gained 4 grams of fat doing so. I'm also going to spend the rest of the day with the sense of remorse that can only come from eating truly awful not-quite-passable "food". I wonder if anyone's coined a term for that sense of remorse...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Mon Dec 04, 02:19:00 pm GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as someone who peddles this crap for a living I can give you some advice: Homestyle is always better and more expensive...especially in burger and or sandwich form. Uunless, of course, you're eating at Mcdonalds...then it means nothing.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 11:16:00 am GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, when you break open a Fillet-o-Fish, it actually appears to be real fish and not some concoction of ground up sea-bits.

I know. I tried one.

Yep... now you know someone who's actually eaten one. :)

I'll be damned if I can figure out where they find perfectly square fish to fillet though...

 
At Fri Dec 08, 06:51:00 am GMT-5, Blogger dream_on_girl said...

ha ha no way! I "peddle" this crap for a living, too, and I agree with you that it is NOT the same...What a disappointment when we got it on the menu and I tried it! Two thumbs down from this Wendy's mgr.!

 
At Sun Dec 10, 09:30:00 pm GMT-5, Blogger Toby said...

I actually like the Crispy Chicken! It's my favorite sandwich on the menu, LOL. Possibly because it's on the value menu. Kevin, I'm amazed you have tried a Filet O Fish — and lived to tell about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home