Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Semi-productive weekend

Last week at work was a wee bit hellish. Consequently, I ended up working "overtime" a good amount. This, of course, meant that the chores and errands I had for the week got put on the backburner 'til the next available window of opportunity. I ended up taking Saturday to accomplish the various smaller tasks, while Matt was in Orillia for Paxton's funeral, and Sunday to accomplish a few of the larger tasks.

Amongst other things, I baked a blueberry-carrot cake, doubling the recipe and baking it in an angel food cake pan. After a disastrous attempt to handle the "cake" while the batter was still wet, followed by another hour in the oven, the cake turned out really well. Sadly, the botched first attempt to handle the baked batter resulted in a none-too-photogenic cake, so I won't be posting any pictures of it. Take my word for it that it's really yummy, 'though. ;)

The details for the wedding are almost all finalized, so I'll have the information out to people by the end of this week, as I'd originally hoped. Now to tackle the reception. I think I'm going to need to sit down and figure out what my goals are for the reception, then proceed from there. I took parts of last week to educate myself on the available options, which was helpful, certainly, but left my thoughts in a disarray. I'm going to have to reorganize my brain a little.

Terri is supposed to start working here this week. It'll be good to have a friend around to have lunches with. It's not that I don't get along with my co-workers, it's just that nobody I work with in the Studio seems to have a firm grasp on the concept of socializing with fellow employees. I guess none of them feel overly friendly towards one another.

I seem to have found a "music buddy" here at work, 'though. He's in a band (that I've yet to see, other obligations keep coming up), points out cool tracks to me and shares my disdain of U2, which makes him an insta-fave, in my books. ;)

Aside from him, there are people here I get along with, but I wouldn't call any of them friends. I've been relying on my group of downtown-worker friends to keep me company during my lunches out.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Tue Sept 26, 11:01:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry hon. I don't think I can take your word for it. I'm just gonna have try this cake to make sure it is in fact yummy. Alas I'm a little under the weather at the moment so I can't come by for a taste, but maybe sometime soon?

 
At Tue Sept 26, 01:34:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

Workplaces are weird - at mine eveyrbody really likes everybody else, but we're not allowed to take lunch together because of coverage - so we each end-up with an hour alone to sit in the lunch room like dufuses while everybody else in the lunchroom (not from our department) sits in bunches.

Usually to avoid the akward alone lunch sit thing, I go out - but that turns into a very expensive endeavour over time - stupid outles stores, right next to work!

 
At Wed Sept 27, 11:38:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that's where terri was headed. That's awesome. If your place is ever looking for a writer/content developer, let me know, as I'd be happy to spice up the environment.

 
At Thu Sept 28, 01:53:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

We should definitely do Dim-Sum again before it gets too cold.

 
At Fri Sept 29, 11:26:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

It's never too cold for good Dim Sum. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home