Monday, August 21, 2006

Not as productive as I would have liked.

Biologically (damn female cycle), I just haven't been feeling up to snuff for the past several days. On Friday, I bailed on lunch with Bruce and post-work festivities with Laurie. Matt's youngest sister came and stayed with us on Friday night, but I couldn't find the energy to get off the couch, never mind be a good hostess. Saturday, Matt and I contributed to the general melee which was Kev and Michelle's moving-party, but ended up leaving early. Finally, yesterday was Matt's grandmother's annual birthday party (I've been going every year since we started dating), and I opted not to chance going there, either.

I regained enough energy yesterday to cook up a pizza-casserole (which, I've discovered, is actually a ratatouille -- no eggplant -- with chicken thrown in), but didn't get any laundry or vacuuming done, which I was hoping to be able to get to. Really, I spent most of yesterday on the couch, watching The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (almost done, Em!), and finding that I was still near-exhausted for most of my day.

I think part of the problem is the sheer volume of stuff which crops up during the summer. I'm a little psychologically overwhelmed by the number of social engagements I'm supposed to cram into the next few weeks. For some reason (of course), there's next to nothing to do after the Labour Day weekend, but I've got so much to do until then that I'm finding that I don't have a spare moment to think, I'm so busy planning for the next thing. For example, Stacy and Dan's wedding is this weekend, but because mom's birthday is on Friday, I have to be packed on Thursday night, which is also when I'm going to have to get my hair cut (although I haven't made the appointment yet).

Ah well, at least the ratatouille was tasty.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 11:24:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

I'm feeling the same stress. It seems that every weekend I've booked solid. By Monday I'm so tired I just don't want to get out of bed. I've decided to "schedule" one of my hermit days (aka PJ day) for Saturday. Stay at home and putter about doing or not doing stuff. Sometimes it sucks to be a woman. Then again we smell nicer then men. :P

 
At Mon Aug 21, 04:14:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, I feel you. totally. This summer seems to have lasted all of ten minutes - every spare moment has been booked.
I promise though that this weekend will be nice and mellow. except for the laser show and smoke machine.
I kid.
Oh! and I picked up your cannisters on friday. Thanks a bunch! (I'm sending out real thank you cards after the wedding, because there's not enough time dammit!

 
At Mon Aug 21, 10:07:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

No worries about the card, Stacy. I didn't bother wrapping your gift, after all. ;)

 
At Tue Aug 22, 09:41:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And despite the woman issues, you still managed to come and help us out. :D

We hugely appreciate it! I can't believe how smoothly the moving of the stuff went and couldn't have done it without everyone's help! Toward the end of last week we were thinking we might have had too many people coming but after going through the move, I realize how much everyone contributed and how much longer things would have gone on without every last hand!

Thanks again!

 
At Wed Aug 23, 08:55:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Hope you're starting to feel better. *hugs*

I've been pretty lethargic, very likely brought on by sleep deprivation. I've been dragging myself around the house, operating on very little sleep every night, trying to get stuff unpacked.

Thanks for all the help, it wasn't until Sunday that I realized I was so busy scurrying around the house with the movers that I didn't really give anyone a tour, excuse my bad manners, next time you're over please feel free to explore the house, with or without me tagging along. :)

 
At Wed Aug 23, 09:20:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

LOL -- I did any way. :)

Didn't get to see the basement or really explore the upper floor, 'though, so expect me to wander around when I show up next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home