Sunday, August 13, 2006

Beach-y goodness



Yesterday was my annual birthday-celebration at the beach, and while the turnout wasn't as high as in previous years, I had a great time nonetheless. The group got the chance to meet someone new (always a welcome occurrence), there was an impromptu bringing -- and cooking -- of Korean beef and shrimp, the footballs got tossed around, and everyone went for a dip (or three) in the water. Caty and I swam out to the second boundaries -- the bright orange ball buoys -- as did Matt and Mike, and Matt and Em. The Nerf football was thrown around in the "shallows", becoming quite waterlogged in the process.

As always, everyone contributed to the fun and I had a blast. There's really little else I'd rather do than hang out at the beach with friends and family. :)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sun Aug 13, 01:39:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Caty said...

I had loads of fun too! Since this is only the third time I've been swimming this year I woke up a little sore but it was worth it.

 
At Sun Aug 13, 09:41:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great birthday beach party then I take it. Nice going - you two girls are really water babies.

Where was it held this time? Was it at the traditional Sibbald Point?

Can't remember anymore the last time I was out there. I'll have to check old family photos to see.

 
At Mon Aug 14, 01:30:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Sorry I missed it, just when it began to look like I might be able to come, things took a turn for the worse. Stupid work, stupid quarter-ends.

Boo!

 
At Mon Aug 14, 08:40:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As is usual I had a great time.
Thanks for being born :) and giving us a reason to go to the beach.

 
At Mon Aug 14, 09:01:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Caty: swimming is always worth it. ;)

FA: It was, in fact at Sibbald again. The water may have been warmer than the air this time out, but probably not. I think the last time the Garcia clan went to Sibbald was before the last time we went to Wilkett Creek, and I think I was probably about 20 at the time, so '97?

Michelle: We missed your company, of course, but we're fortunate enough to be able to see you often. Caty had to keep that hubby of yours from making an ass of himself, you know, often. :P

Bruce: You've gotten so good at knowing flattering things to say! Why the hell are you single?

 
At Mon Aug 14, 10:19:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I recognized the photo.

'97 sounds about right when we had the last big outing there. One birthday of yours that I remember quite well was by late afternoon, it started to rain but no one was moving a muscle to pack it in and go home. We all sat around in the pavilion and waited it out. Good, old days indeed. And always lots of delicious food...How time flies.

Your Lola loved going there....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home