Thursday, August 17, 2006

I hate being spoken to like I'm a child

You'd think, given that I've been working here for 2-1/2 months now, meeting deadlines on 2 of the 10 major projects I've been contracted to work on (never mind the countless smaller projects I've since undertaken and completed), that I would be treated like I know what I'm doing. While the Big Cheese around here likes my work, treats me like an intelligent human being and seems to respect that I'm well aware of how to complete my job, the underlings still serve to frustrate. Someone whose title I can only assume is something like, "Director, Content Management" took it upon herself to explain to me how to complete tasks I've already completed at least twice to get the past two projects done.

Previously, when I've encounted this behaviour in work-peers, it's most often been because they need things explained to them this thoroughly so that they can understand their projects. Yes, I suppose I ought to feel pity for them -- life is so hard for them that every little task they undertake is a complete mystery to them until someone explains it down to the minutest detail, regardless of whether or not they've already learned the task -- but really, I'm usually just pissy that they waste my time with their overwrought descriptions of things.

I could be doing much more important tasks, like working on the current project, than having to listen to you, then being irritated enough that I have to vent on my blog before continuing with my assigned tasks. So thanks, "Director, Content Management", for probably being stupid enough that you can't imagine doing anything better than wasting my time. I'm sure the company thanks you for wasting their money, too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Thu Aug 17, 11:56:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,

Yaaa. I just wanted to give you a reminder that I'm gonna need you to go ahead and remember to put the cover page on your TPS reports. Mmmk?

thanks.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 11:57:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Grrrrr.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 01:07:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Could be worse I suppose, at least they're not moving your desk to the basement, right? ;)

J/Kidding.

At least the big cheese is aware of your ability, that's the important thing, the others just need something to write in their performance report to their boss.

Training Leah is probably high on that report. Idiots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home