Monday, August 07, 2006

Hawkestone dock
plus, early birthday presents!



Matt and I decided last week that it would be fun to head back out to Hawkestone dock with Caty, to catch up and get some sun and swim in. Our party yesterday was small, but enthusiastic enough for many.

The waves were choppy (which always makes for a fun time), and we got to witness, first-hand, a group of teenage boys take their bikes off the dock via a ramp they'd built. Stunt-biking abounded. Particularly impressive were the backward flips into the water.

Emma got me this canning set as an early birthday present. Thanks, Em! No more jury-rigging a method of picking up sterilized jars for me! When she gave it to me, I realized I'd also not blogged about the fact that Caty returned from France with an early birthday present for me, a 750 mL bottle of Hoegaarden! She says she found it in a grocery store in Tours. I will never again underestimate the boozy traits of the French. ;P

I think I'll probably end up lazing about the apartment today, maybe get a bit of cooking done ('though not with the Ontario apricots -- they turned before I got to them), but it's best I try to relax, as the next two days at work are probably going to be hellish.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Tue Aug 08, 10:16:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Sorry I missed the crazy-kids-and-their-bikes show, I'll bet it was entertaining. :)

And yay for prezzies!

 
At Tue Aug 08, 11:12:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

The service at Brewery Bay was up to snuff again, too. :)

 
At Wed Aug 09, 10:12:00 am GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Wow.. I can't believe I've missed at least the last 2 outings to Hawkestone. I'm really missing out. :)

 
At Wed Aug 09, 01:52:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leah!

(I've wiped all my contacts at work, so in case I forget to email you later... ) :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

 
At Thu Aug 10, 12:23:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really! A 750ml bottle of Hoegaarden! What a wonderful present!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home