Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So, I've been quiet for a month...



I'm hip-deep in my reignited passion for knitting and crochet and it's due in no small part to the fact that I have discovered (and explored) Ravelry, a free site which is pretty much everything a knitter or crocheter could want in a website. Since joining in October, I have completed 21 projects. The pen-and-paper log I was keeping in previous years seems to suggest that knitting or crocheting six projects in any given year was ambitious for me at the time.

I owe the massive ramp-up in my productivity to the fact that you can browse, download or purchase most of the patterns they have in their user-contributed database (sorting by technique used, type of project, yarn weight, etc.). Nearly gone are the days of having to buy a whole book for a single pattern! Of course, yarns and patterns are rated by the users, as well. Add to that the fact that you can brag about your finished objects and you've got yourself a damn addictive way of approaching centuries-old crafts.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 29, 09:54:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

Amen!

You are my dealer on this one, and I'm addicted too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home