Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bánh mì with authentic chả lụa and do chua!



I seem to be steadily building upon my bánh mì-making skills by adding something new and authentic to the repertoire every time I crave one. This time, I made the daikon and carrot slaw, do chua, from scratch.

I picked up soft buns from Nino D'Aversa Bakery, used Commensal Veggie Paté and Kewpie Mayonnaise as my spreads, added pan-fried chả lụa in sesame oil, a fried egg, a dash of soy sauce, some fresh cilantro and freshly-made do chua to this iteration.

It turned out fantastically. I think I'll make variations on this sandwich all week. The only bad part is that all I have left to make for a "true" bánh mì experience is homemade baguettes, and I have no idea when I'll have the time to work on that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home