Saturday, May 28, 2011

Strawberry custard tart



The newest President's Choice Insider's Report features amongst its offerings a Patisserie-Style Strawberry Tart. As is often the case with commercially-available desserts, this offering contains dairy products, which means it's a no-no for me. Still, I was intrigued by the concept and decided to try my hand at making something similar.

A trip to Cayne's yesterday provided me with a tart pan, something which I never had a need for before I could make decent pie dough.

I sliced and macerated the strawberries yesterday, made the pie dough today, baked it blind, spread strawberry jam (this is what we had on-hand, I'd rather we had something without "glucose-fructose" in it), poured in a basic custard made of 5 eggs and a "lunch box mini" carton of unsweetened soy milk and added the strawberries. I sprinkled a little bit of sugar on the tart and baked it at 350° until the custard was set. Now I'm waiting for it to cool before I try it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 01, 02:19:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous NotWeasel said...

LOL. At first glance, I thought it was a pepperoni pizza. :)

 
At Wed Jun 01, 08:34:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Mmm...pepperoni pizza would have been good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home