Saturday, April 09, 2011

Kara's first birthday (party)!



I made an unexpectedly dense lemon sponge cake and frosted it with an unusually sweet raspberry buttercream. I suspect that the cake and pastry flour I've been using is responsible for the "flatness" of my cakes. I'm going to have to go with a conventional, highly-refined cake and pastry flour in future endeavours. The recipe for the cake yields a nice, lemony cake which I'd make again. The buttercream is probably never going to make another appearance in this house; it's not bad, it's just not especially good, either.

Also, I had the time to be able to make a homemade toy for Kara!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Apr 11, 04:51:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous brew-san said...

Happy Birthday Kara!

 
At Mon Apr 11, 10:27:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Thanks, Bruce. Things were pretty quiet around here today, with me treating Kara to a two-ish hour nap on the couch with me, as opposed to putting her in her crib for her nap.

She also got a cookie for her post-dinner dessert.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 02:18:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Laura :) said...

You finished the sheep!!

Looks good! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home