Monday, March 22, 2010

Homemade veggie pizza



Well, after a much-unwelcome hiatus from eating substantial food for the past week (read: I started having massively bad digestive problems last Tuesday), I finally got the chance to re-introduce produce into my diet today.

I decided to go all-out and make a veggie pizza with as many pizza-suitable toppings as I could cram onto it. To that end, the picture above features:
  • a homemade pizza crust, sealed with olive oil
  • pre-made bruschetta topping
  • organic baby spinach
  • fresh mushrooms
    (which I had to slice and freeze last week when I realized I wasn't going to be able to get to them before they went bad)
  • hand-pitted organic black olives
    (which, by the way, are the best black olives I've ever had)
  • sliced, organic grape tomatoes
  • roasted, organic yellow pepper
  • cracked black pepper
  • sea salt
The result was a bit more acidic than I was expecting, but was a satisfying change of pace from the barely-protein/high-carb diet I've endured for the past several days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 26, 10:09:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

I didn't know you could freeze mushrooms. Did you blanch them first?

 
At Fri Mar 26, 11:10:00 am GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Nope. You just wash and slice them, then single-layer them on a cookie sheet (preferably lined -- I used parchment because I'm running low on waxed paper). Lay them flat in the freezer and store them in a resealable plastic bag once they're frozen through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home