Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Musing on the inevitable return to the land of the gainfully-employed

I had another "bite" yesterday, and should hear by the end of the week whether or not I progress to the next round of evaluation with that job prospect.

I also contacted both of my former freelance agents (henceforth to the referred to as Big Pimp and Lesser Pimp) to let them know that I'll be available for contracts or full-time employment as of next Monday. I've yet to be booked any where, but Big Pimp advises me of openings as they become available, so I'm not worried about being able to secure employment through her.

If I fail to find steady work in my field, I think I may take a job at something close to home to help pay the bills in the meantime.

Strangely, the fact I haven't had much response to my resume and portfolio doesn't seem to be affecting my own opinion of my work. The trick seems to be convincing others to have as much faith in my abilities as I do.

I've managed to accomplish a buttload of tasks around the apartment that I've been meaning to get to for a good, long while, and have been able to evaluate some of the tasks I've added over the past while (like "gardening"). I think I've been putting too much on myself lately, so the prospect of returning to work and being able to split the household tasks and chores with Matt again is welcome.

Our landlord still hasn't made any progress on repairing our (probably) leaky shower, thereby eliminating the mildew in our master bedroom, and I'm frankly sick of waiting around for his response. I've given him two weeks to get in here and fix things, and he hasn't taken that opportunity. If I am working next week, and he says that's when he can make it in, he's going to get a talking-to. Matt and I have decided to consult an independent contractor for the work if we don't hear from Delinquent Landlord by early next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home