Tuesday, July 13, 2010

OMG! It's a food-related post!



Since Kara's been born, I'm afraid I haven't had much time to devote to being in the kitchen.

My culinary excursions have been limited to a single batch of these cookies, a few iterations of pizza bread (usually featuring President's Choice pre-packaged, pre-sliced chorizo, rather than bacon), and a few portions of fish, including the cornmeal-crusted, pan-seared halibut featured above. Fish has been kind of ideal as a food while I'm breastfeeding: it cooks quickly, is high in protein, usually low in fat, and the fat it does contain is correlated to improved brain function — something I'm hoping to pass on to Kara.

In related news, Matt's been doing a great job of doing the cooking while I've been taking care of our daughter during the days. He's learned how to roast chicken (quite successfully), roast pork tenderloin (also excellent), make a meatloaf (which was tasty), make a shepherd's pie (which was fantastic) and is going to be roasting beef tenderloin tonight. Unfortunately, he has no interest in starting up a food blog, so those of you who are actually keen to find out what's cooking in our kitchen will probably have to wait another handful of months, until Kara's old enough to allow me to be in the kitchen while she amuses herself.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Jul 13, 02:28:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

Speaking of cookies, I can't remember if you wanted a link to the cookies I was telling you about. In case you did ...

 
At Tue Jul 13, 06:16:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

Oh Hell yeah!

 
At Sat Jul 17, 04:42:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous NotWeasel said...

Damn! Good on you, Matt! I thought he was mostly limited to boiling hot dogs, and sometimes burning them at that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home