Saturday, November 07, 2009

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
...at least until my energy levels start to drop again



Risotto's one of those dishes where my fussy attention to detail really shows through. I also really like that the variations are endless as long as your finished product includes what is effectively a thick rice soup (which makes it similar to congee, but usually with richer flavours).

So, to breakdown how anal I can get about my food, here's a rundown of the ingredients I used this time around:For a dish like risotto, you don't really have to use a lot of "premium" ingredients for the flavour to really shine through. My favourite type of food to cook, I've realized, can feed many, uses a variety of ingredients and doesn't need a lot of expensive items to taste good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 15, 09:56:00 pm GMT-5, Anonymous Wanda said...

I finally got a chance to taste risotto at a wedding reception. It wasn't too bad! Next - professionally made butter chicken (I know it's probably just butter sauce added to ckicken, but I am curious how it would be made professionally though I've already tasted it non-professionally)-if that makes any sense???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home