Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Boy, could I go for a bowl of this right about now



Apparently, I made this on March 3rd of this year, the last time I had a nasty cold. I haven't really had enough energy to wander around the apartment this time, never mind go for a grocery shop to get healthy, soup-making ingredients.

Fortunately, Matt's been keeping a good stock of Habitant soup around (which, as it turns out doesn't tend to use a lot of unnecessary preservatives). I've had pea soup and minestrone, and still have a can of garden vegetable to get to (likely today).

If I manage to find the energy to leave the apartment today, I thought I might get some meatballs, to improvise an Italian Wedding soup.

I've otherwise been having (way too much) orange juice, water, decaf green tea, and whatever starchy foods we happen to have lying around. Oh, and plenty of nap-time.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Tue Oct 06, 09:37:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

Oh sweety not you too! I'd love to comfort you by saying it'll pass in a couple of days, but I'm still suffering a week after onset. :( I thought you'd be in your new home by now. Are you decorating first?

 
At Tue Oct 06, 09:43:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

man! Whatever is going around seems to not be sparing a soul!

Feel better!!

Oh and miss you much!

 
At Tue Oct 06, 03:09:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

@Em: Yikes! A week (or longer) to get over this does not sound appealing at all. Here I am at Day 4, feeling like poop, so I can see how it could linger. Matt and I haven't moved yet. The new flooring is being installed starting October 19th. Our unofficial move date is the 24th.

@Mir: Miss you too! When we can agree on a time when we're not both "sick like dog", we'll have to meet up. I sound like you did, two weeks ago.

 
At Tue Oct 06, 05:08:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Emma said...

I need to hang out with my Girls more often too! I have a sudden longing for wild wings and a girly movie. :D

 
At Thu Oct 08, 11:10:00 am GMT-4, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

I am so in!! As soon as you ladies are up for it, I am all about the chick flicks and chicken wings!

 
At Tue Oct 13, 11:37:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Wanda said...

The soup looks awesome!!! I also hope you all have that great evening when it happens :) Feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home