Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wow. Just wow.

So it looks like the remaining 6-1/2 days I have left of vacation before the end of the year (assuming my vacation time is prorated) are a wash. Apparently, trying to take an extended Christmas break (7 days) isn't allowed when a fellow co-worker is taking 3 of those days off. "We can't have more than one person off at a time." Which somehow means that I can't take any of the other requested 4 days off when my co-worker will be in the office.

I've taken one day of vacation in the entire slightly-under 5 months I've been with the company, because CFB deemed it somehow wrong of me to want to take two days off during my probation. For the record, this means I will have taken one day off in an entire 6 month span entirely because it seems like I "don't want to be [t]here" if I take any more time off, whether or not I'm entitled to it.

Time to start forming my exit strategy, kids. Notice is being given on Monday. Any of you in "the field" who know of any openings are encouraged to contact me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 28, 10:29:00 am GMT-5, Blogger Unknown said...

Bah Humbug! Jeez, they certainly don't seem to understand the spirit of giving, do they?

If you do decide to give notice, just a heads up...everything I hear through the grapevine suggests a lot of places are being extremely cautious financially. Of course that might also mean that they're switching to freelancers, too, so I don't know. If I hear about any opportunities I'll certainly let you know.

 
At Mon Dec 01, 02:02:00 pm GMT-5, Blogger MiraFabulous said...

That is insane!
I can't believe she denied you vacation.

How did the giving of notice go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home