Thursday, March 29, 2007

Taking the stairs, Day 3
Or: The Re-emergence of the Re-curring anxiety dream

Since the incident in my building's elevator on Tuesday, I've been taking the stairs up and down from my apartment, in the hopes that my elevator anxiety dreams would not resurface.

The irony is, of course, that those dreams are completely about my fear of loss of control, and tend to resurface in circumstances a lot like I've been experiencing lately. Actually, I'm beginning to attribute my relative calm during the real-life incident to the fact that the experience was somewhat "old hat" for me, psychologically.

Last night I had my dream again, despite my precautions. In it, I'm going down in my building's elevator for my first trip since it failed on Tuesday (i.e., I'm trusting that it won't fail again). When it begins falling, exactly as it did on Tuesday, my thoughts are simply, "It figures."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home