Monday, October 10, 2011

Busy weekend for our oven



I meant to get around to doing paint touch-ups around the house today, but those plans were backburned when I realized that we were almost out of bread on a statutory holiday Monday. The allure of fresh-baked bread was just too strong to ignore.

The recipe I based this on is one which I've blogged about previously. As per my last batch of homemade bread (made over a year and a half ago!), I used a 1:1 ratio of organic, unbleached white flour to whole wheat "hard"/bread flour. I accidentally omitted the shortening called for in the recipe, so this bread is noticeably drier than my previous attempts, but it's still really good!

Looks like Kara and I will have toast and eggs tomorrow morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home