Sunday, March 29, 2009

Homemade lumpia



The few modifications I made to mom's recipe were to:
  • use up the head of garlic I had lying around

  • add a good-sized chunk, grated, of a leftover ginger root

  • chop only the green parts of a bunch of organic green onions

  • use an organic pork and antibiotic-free chicken mixture

  • use up the remainder of the organic baby carrots which were in the fridge (resulting in more than 1/2 cup of carrots)

  • use a vegetable bouillon, instead of the implied chicken or pork bouillon
It took me a few tries to get my wrapping technique right, but I was happy with how tightly rolled they were after that. The lumpia seem to be lacking in a lot of the garlic that mom's have, so I'm going to have to prod around for some tips on that front, I think. That said, these were delicious, and I'm proud of my first attempt at making these.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 29, 06:55:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Good job! I lurve these things. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home