Sunday, August 24, 2008

Worklife detail #121:
Ways to ensure you eat properly



The desk drawer unit I have at work has three drawers, the top two are each about 6" deep, and the bottom is for hanging folders. I've decided to designate my entire second drawer my "mini-kitchenette", stocking it with utensils, food/beverage containers and a small selection of food.

Currently, it's lined with a cushioned shelf liner, and stocked with a "chow kit", a set of chopsticks, a paring knife in a plastic case, a box full of baggies, a saucer, a large cup, a small bowl, a tin of really satisfying chocolate-flavoured tea and a "tea ball" infuser.

I've also recently decided — in the event that I didn't bring baon — to stock tinned food if I'm working too late or too hectically to be able to run out and get food. Currently, I have equipped myself with the carob chips I can't seem to find a baking project for, a tin of smoked oysters, a tin of good-quality salmon and a tin of dolmades.

The "lost" desk drawer is a small price to pay to stay properly fed and hydrated, I think.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Mon Aug 25, 09:50:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Michelle Hopp said...

Love your bowl. :)

I don't think I've ever had chocolate flavoured tea. Now I'm intrigued, and would like to try it. They have free flavoured coffee and teas on our floor, but I tend to just drink plain old green tea.

 
At Wed Aug 27, 01:41:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger Austin said...

If chocolate flavoured tea is anything like chocolate ale then yuck. :p

 
At Wed Aug 27, 03:18:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

No, chocolate ale is a vile and wretched creation. Chocolate tea is, sadly, not as awesome as chocolate milk, but with less blindingly-painful stomach cramp inducing awfulness.

 
At Mon Sept 01, 09:25:00 pm GMT-4, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought and tried the PC Chocolately Chai tea. I was very intrigued with 'chocolate' flavoured tea, thinking I'd have that beautiful chocolate taste! The first time I tried it - I steeped it too much, and the taste was AWFUL - LITERALLY! I tried it again, but didn't steep it as much - the taste was OK, 'drinkable'. I would really be curious to try your 'chocolate-flavoured' tea...??? :)

 
At Tue Sept 02, 11:29:00 am GMT-4, Blogger Austin said...

Chocolate soy milk is pretty good, Emma likes it (some brands are pretty chalky though, so you need to be careful).

 
At Tue Sept 02, 04:14:00 pm GMT-4, Blogger ghanima said...

I really like the Natura soy milk, chocolate, "natural" and unsweetened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home